Saw a bunch of fish working the top water and casted but they were just bait - lots of bait today. Started to troll and had a knock down but nothing hooked. Made a few passes and picked up 2 at 14-16". Moved over to casting and fished the grasses and only came up with a perch.
Decided it was time to head back as the drizzling became more of light rain. Threw out both rods with 1/4 and 3/8 and trolled back. The 3/8 rod doubles over and drag is screaming (I may have screamed too in excitement). I thought I lost it but realized it was just running towards the yak. I'm getting her close to the yak when she makes a run under the yak, get her back up and runs down again. Finally able to get her on the boat (and may have screamed in excitement this time). I'm thinking, finally a citation. Get her unhooked and was about to measure her when she flops out of the yak (screamed again, actually yelled, this time). I caught the 23" last week and this one by far dwarfed it by 2-3" inches and FAT.
Technically I caught and boated her but couldn't get her measured or a photo which bums me out and makes me feel that this is the one that got away.
Lesson Learned: Use the Fish Grips.
Since I don't have the pic of the 24"+, here's my grunt of today's trip - out of focus 14".
No comments:
Post a Comment