Picked up a new mirrolure M52 in shad color along with tubs of Gulp in white and chartreuse at Oceans East 2. Started off by trolling the mirrolure and picked up a spec within the first 100' of trolling. Small spec at 15".
Continued to troll past Little Island and worked the shoreline with a chartreuse Gulp as well as the mirrolure. No hits except for small perch next to the yak.
Lots of bait in the water and worked the area with no results.
Drifted towards southern shoreline while I was untangling and retying both lines when they got tangled during the catch. While I was on the shoreline, I tossed the chartreuse gulp to a point and immediately got a nice bump and pull.
Hard hit and run and knew it was a nice puppy drum. Got her on the yak and measured out to be about 17" but thick. It had the drag on the Fierce 3000 screaming.
Got back to the launch and saw a barge and bowrider around the channel marker. The barge had a crane and was working around the channel marker. The bowrider had tied a rope to the crane and it lifted out a large tractor sized tire. There goes my honey hole. I've picked up the most of my fish right at the spot and can usually count on picking one or two jigging or trolling that spot.
Another fun pre-work hour spent on the water.
No comments:
Post a Comment