Launched at 745 to an incoming tide and winds 5-10 with stronger gusts out of the SSW. Water was relatively clear for the ER. Went with the 3/8 jig, Gulp combo since it produced well last year.
Worked the channel markers and trolled down to the grassy beds. Saw some bait jumping which was a good sign that the fish are starting to move in. Wind and current kept me at a nice pace to work the shoreline without drifting too far in the channel.
Found a creek and worked the mouth then tossed one deeper in the creek. Thought I hit the bottom but had a nudge then a pull. Drag started to pull on the Battle since I had it too light. Got my skunk off on the first outing with a 14" puppy. Bonus was it was a tagged fish. Took a close up of the tag to get the number.
Worked the creek a little more and saw some bait but no fish around it.
Paddled to Little Island and worked the island and far grass shoreline. I was out of time and didn't get a chance to work the creek.
Paddle back was hard. Headwind and against the current made for a good workout.
Got home, cleaned up the yak and called in the tagged fish. Decided on the T-shirt since she said it had a redfish on the back.
Hopefully I'll start making it out 1 to 2 times a week now that the fish have moved in.
No comments:
Post a Comment