Wednesday, September 26, 2012

"Little Island" Specs

Took advantage of the 80s temps and ventured on the Elizabeth for an hour+ excursion. Launched at the ramp at 5pm on an incoming tide. Winds were less than 5mph from the SW. With the tide push and slight wind, it made the trip east an easy paddle. Found a spot called "Little Island" and hooked up with a 18" spec on the 3/8 jig with the Salt Assassin.

There is a creek right next to "Little Island" that I'll need hit on an outgoing tide where these specs and puppy drum should be feasting. Since the tide was moving in, that creek mouth did not produce.
I worked the Little Island on the way out and hooked up with another decent size spec but came unbuttoned at the yak. Quick release.
It was a slow evening of fishing. I worked the shallows, docks, the channels and even more creek mouths with no hits. I moved up back up to "Area 41" where I was rewarded with 3 more specs between 14"-16".
The fishing pressure is starting to pick up as I saw at least 3 other boats working their favorite spots in the same area. Soon it'll be full of boat traffic passing up these little hot spots while they head to the Hot Ditch.
Paddled back to the ramp and hauled it home. Nice evening on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment