Trolled the 1/4 jig/swimming mullet heading towards "41" and got rewarded with an immediate hookup on the first drift. I thought I had a puppy drum as it didn't surface like the specs usually do after you hookem'. Low and behold, it was a little 12" striper.
Tied on a crystal minnow on the 6500 setup and did the same drift again towards "41". Soon it was bowed over and the striper's brother took the lure.About the same size as the first. I thought I had found a little striper hole but after working the same spot for a few more drifts did not produce another bite.
Went to the 3/8 jig and worked the deeper channel. After fighting the winds for the past 1.5 hours, I was ready to go eat some breakfast but another FISH ON kept me on the water. A 14" spec that looked like it's been hooked multiple times based on the number of holes in the lips.Picked up another spec that I thought, based on the fight, was going to be on the larger side. She was a fighter and pulled harder than all the others today. She measured to a little over 12".
At this point my arms were sore (mostly from surfing yesterday) and my sit bones we on fire. Plus the winds and yacht traffic started to pick up with the 10am bridge opening so I paddled back to the ramp and called it a morning.
Easy like Sunday morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment